At University Veterinary Specialists, we aim to promote the scientific progress of veterinary dermatology. Dermatological abnormalities in cats and dogs is not uncommon.
Dermatology services at UVS include:
- Diagnose and manage allergic, parasitic, bacterial, fungal, hormone, or autoimmune skin diseases
- Provide relief for itching, scratching, licking, head shaking, and self-mutilation
- Determine the cause of hair loss
- Perform removals of small skin growths without the need for general anesthesia
- Manage chronic or recurrent ear diseases
- Perform specialized external or middle ear flushing procedures
- Remove polyps/tumors in the ear canals
- Perform skin testing to see what your pet is allergic to
- Prescribe food trials to diagnose and treat food allergies
If you think that your pet may benefit from visit to our Dermatologist at University Veterinary Specialists, please contact our pet hospital in Pittsburgh at 724-717-CARE (2273).